Every year PANTONE—the global authority on color—declares a color to represent the upcoming year. Emerald, a lively, radiant green, was chosen as the Color of the Year for 2013.
“Symbolically, Emerald brings a sense of clarity, renewal and rejuvenation,” says Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute.
I’ll be following this color trend all year and bringing you Emerald wardrobe suggestions with each changing season. Let’s begin with some of my favorite Emerald pieces for spring—just in time for St. Patrick’s Day!
1. Tatty Devine Hot House Leaf Earrings. These bold earrings add a perfect touch of color.
2. Quay Retro Sunglasses. These sunglasses can add a retro vibe to any spring look!
3. ASOS 90’s Crop Top. Try a basic wardrobe piece in Emerald, like a fun spring-y crop top. This one’s only $12!
4. Essie in Pretty Edgy. Green nails are cheap way to experiment with Emerald.
5. Vila Wrap Detail Dress. Not only is a wrap dress ultra flattering, one in bold Emerald is sure to boost confidence and demand attention.
6. Cole Haan Women’s Round Shoe Laces. You don’t need to pour too much money in to this Emerald trend; a simple shoe lace update can pack a big punch! Try lacing these through your Keds fo only $7!
7. H&M Suede Ballet Flats. I’m a high heel loving lady, but even I’d wear these dainty flats.
8. ASOS Rib Boyfriend Beanie. With cold temperatures still lingering, a green beanie is perfect for the transition in to spring.
9. ASOS Pants in Floral Jacquard. Jacquard pants are an elegant, sophisticated way to give Emerald a try. A fun way to bring Emerald to the office!
11. Sephora Emerald Eyelash Curler. While not a wearable accessory, these cute eyelash curlers can add a touch of Emerald to your morning routine.
12. Gap Shrunken Boyfriend Gingham Shirt. Gingham epitomizes springtime feminine!
Which piece is your favorite? If you’re not ready to spend your green on this Emerald green trend just yet, you can download the PANTONE Emerald wallpaper here!