I eagerly wait each month for the J. Crew Style Guide to find its way to my mailbox. The beautifully photographed, effortlessly styled pages fill my head with plenty of inspiration for the month ahead — ideas for DIY projects, inventive ways to wear pieces I already own or suggestions as to which staples I should invest in each season. Here are six spectacular takeaways from November’s issue:
1. Hide half of a statement necklace underneath a collared shirt, adding excitement to an otherwise expected combo.
3. Transform the tone of any outfit with classic, athletic footwear. Sneakers aren’t just for the gym anymore!
4. Experiment with haphazardly tucked shirts, leaving a few buttons undone for an adorable messy-cute vibe.
5. I’m adding a jewel-tone tartan button-down to my shopping list. Elevate this basic staple with above-the-elbow cuffs and a patterned scarf.
6. I’m definitely adding a glam sweatshirt to my shopping list, too. Layer a denim button-down underneath silk, cashmere or any other luxe material for an intriguing contrast!
Which trend are you most excited to try? I personally can’t wait to give all six a whirl this fall!